How to care for yourself after your IV Vitamin Therapy infusion:
- Apply pressure to site for 2 minutes after IV has been removed
- Keep Band-Aid in place for 1 hour
- Cold packs and elevating your arm can be used for any bruising at the site
- Cold packs can also be used for pain relief and to decrease any swelling at the site
- Any swelling should be significantly reduced in 24 hours
- Post IV infusion symptoms are uncommon. Dehydration is the cause of most symptoms and concerns.
- We encourage you to drink at least 1-2 16oz. bottles of water after your IV infusion.
- If enough water is not consumed, you may experience any of the following symptoms: headaches, nausea, joint pain, blurred vision, cramping (GI and/or muscular), mental confusion or disorientation.
Most patients experience significant overall improvements:
- Better energy
- Better mental clarity
- Improved sleep
- Improvement of their complaints
- Overall feelings of well being
Patients commonly report one of two patterns after an IV Vitamin Therapy infusion:
- Patients generally feel better right away. Due to a busy lifestyle, many people are chronically dehydrated and deficient in vitamins and minerals causing them to not feel well. Once the patient is hydrated and the nutrients are replaced, their symptoms improve quickly.
- Patients sometimes feel tired or unwell. These patients are generally in the process of detoxifying. When toxins are pulled out of tissues, they re-enter the blood stream. They remain poisons, but they are now on their way OUT instead of on their way IN. Even when patients do not feel well at this stage, the process is one of healing and cleansing. After this period, an overall improvement in one’s sense of well-being is generally reported.
How often will I need IV Vitamin Therapy infusions?
The number and frequency of treatments will vary depending on certain factors.
- Condition(s) being treated
- Current health status of the patient and physical activity level
- Response of the patient to the treatments
A general estimate of the number of treatments needed is discussed during the first visit. As we go along, we will develop a more specific treatment plan. Most patients can repeat infusions as often as once a week.
Call Origin Wellness (844) 236-6486 or your Primary Care Physician for:
- Any symptoms you are not comfortable with
If any of the following are progressively worsening after your IV infusion:
- Significant swelling over the IV site
- Redness over the vein that is increasing in size
- Pain in the vein/arm that is not improving over an 8-12 hour period
- Signs or symptoms of infection such as fever, body aches, chills
- Headache that does not resolve with increased hydration or over-the-counter pain relievers like aspirin, Acetaminophen or Ibuprofen.